Final tips for the Race day -Sportyfeel HCR 2018
- Pick up your bib by 10 AM on Saturday from Töölö Sports Hall! Arrive early enough and enjoy the expo! It´s open to the public so you can bring friends and family too! The bib number and the gear bag will be given in Hall A and the t-shirts in Hall B. You will also find the Competition Office and Info point as well as partner stands and Intersport store in Hall A.
- Prepare for the run either at home or change your running clothes at the tents behind the Telia 5G-areena.
- Take your gear to the Sportyfeel Helsinki City Run guarded bag check area well before your start time! The back check area is located at the Bollis 6-field next to Telia 5G-areena. It will be open for HCR runners from 9 am to 3.30pm on the event day! All left items must be placed inside the official HCR gear check bag given at the competition office.
- Check that your bib number is securely fastened to the front of your running outfit with the safety pins provided!
- Final visit to the porta potty! Luckily there are lots of them in the start area!
- Move to Mäntymäenkenttä 15 minutes before your starting time. Start corrals are arranged there! Enjoy the atmosphere, the warm-up and music before the start!
- Time to run! The first starting group will start at 11.30 am and the following starting groups every 10 minutes after that!
ON the ROUTE
- There are three refreshment stations along the route. Enjoy the refreshments provided!
- Throw your trash to the garbage bins, thank you!
- Enjoy the Cheering points and get some extra pep in your step.
- Smile when you see cameras! Marathonfoto´s photographers will be taking pictures along the route!
- In case you need to drop out from the race, there is transportation organised from each of the refreshment stations on the route to the finish.
At the FINISH LINE
- YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations!
- Keep moving. Get your medal and keep walking for at least 10 minutes to fend off stiffness! Be sure to do some postrace recovery stretches.
- Refuel with the post-race snacks!
- Get warm! Get into dry clothes as soon as possible.
- Take a picture and post it on social media with the official event hashtags #hcr2018 #helsinkicityrun #hcrd2018 #helsinkicityrunningday
Later in the evening
- Welcome to the Helsinki City Running Day official after party at Apollo Live Club! Runners will get a free entry before 12pm by showing their medal at the entrance. The age limit is 20. See you there!